Pool Rules & Bylaws
PMP Community Park Rules
- No alcoholic beverages shall be sold or consumed on PMP premises.
- Children under the age of 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- No use of the facilities by anyone between the hours of 10PM and 8AM.
- All members and guests must obey all lifeguard instructions.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper, plus a swimsuit.
- Only service animals permitted in aquatic facility; all other pets are not allowed.
- Glass containers are not allowed on PMP premises.
- No running on the deck. The deck is usually slippery when wet.
- No pushing, shoving, horseplay, or inappropriate behavior is allowed.
- No diving into the shallow end of the pool.
- Backward dives and flips are not allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines, ropes, or rails.
- Individuals who cannot swim are only allowed in the shallow end.
- Gum and Band-Aids must be deposited in the trash cans before entering the water.
- People with open cuts or wounds are advised not to use the pool.
- Starting blocks shall not be used for any purpose other than for competitive swimming.
- The pool will be closed for 30 minutes in cases of bad weather (thunder, lightning strikes, tornado
- Anyone having a communicable disease or displaying signs and symptoms of a communicable disease
should not use pool.
- Wear jewelry at your own risk.
Speed Limit on Pilgrims Point roads is 25 MPH. Please watch your speed as there are many families and children on the road throughout the day.
All guests must be accompanied by a PMP member. Residents of PMP are NOT allowed to come as a member's guest. Other residents of Greenville County may attend as guests upon paying the guest fees- $3 per person or $10 for a family of 4. The guest fee payment box is located on the table in front of the lifeguard room.
PMP will provide the first key fob at no charge. A second key fob can be purchased for $10. To order your second key fob, please see a lifeguard. Turn around time for key fobs is usually 2 days from request date. Members are only allowed 2 active key fobs. Replacement or lost key fobs are $20. Key fobs are not waterproof.
PMP Lifeguards will observe Adult Swim on the 50th minute of each hour for 10 minutes in order to give them a break from the sun, inspect bathrooms, and allow other adults to swim kid free. Children under the age of 16 should exit the pool immediately unless a parent/guardian is in the pool within an arm's reach. Parent/guardian understand lifeguards are not on duty during adult swim.
Pool Closing/Weather Delays
PMP communicates with our members regarding special events and changes to our pool operating hours due to inclement weather via the BAND app (download BAND app and click here to link to the PMP Community Park BAND). Members can also get updates by following our PMP Facebook Page.
Please help us keep our bathrooms clean up by cleaning up after yourself. Avoid flushing anything other than toilet paper to avoid clogging our sewer. Please wrap or cover personal hygiene items and properly dispose of these, as well as diapers, in the trash receptacle to keep bathrooms sanitary for all. Always remember to flush toilets. If bathrooms are found to be unsatisfactory, please bring to a lifeguard's attention.
The Lap Pool is for adult lap swimming only as lifeguards do not attend this pool. If children want to practice lap swimming in the lap pool, they MUST have a parent standing by the diving blocks watching for their safety; they must be lap swimming and not playing in the lanes.
Early Morning Lap Swim with a Buddy
This program is available to PMP members only (no guests allowed) that want to swim laps before PMP opens. Members must be 18 years or older and must be accompanied by another 18 years or older PMP member. This program is offered while Greenville County School is out (June 4th - September 5th), Monday thru Saturday 6am – 10am. The lap pool is the only pool open. If swim team is holding practice, members are to use the shallow end of the L-shaped pool (diving board/deep end area is closed). Members must email a completed waiver form and to email@example.com to request early morning access be added on their key fob(s). Since pool is not open during this time, members exiting the pool need to use the key fob reader used to enter the pool (located on the outside of the entrance gate/fence). Access can be revoked the first time anyone under 18 years old is found inside the entrance gate or swimming without another adult PMP member present. Bathrooms are closed until the pool opens for the day.
PMP concessions offers a wide variety of snacks, drinks, and frozen treats for purchase. Items offered and prices are listed on the concession door. Members are NOT allowed to enter concessions room without approval. If concession is not manned by a volunteer, see lifeguard for purchase; best time to make a concession purchase is during adult swim.
Pool Parties at PMP
Members that want to reserve a party at PMP must pay in advance of the party date. Once payment has been received, an email indicating payment received will be sent to the email address on file. To request a party, please check out the Parties section of our website and complete a PMP Party Request Form.